The Writing Center Celebrates the Launch of myPASS
Monday, May 05, 2014 Writing Center ServicesAfter months of planning, plotting, and preparing, the Writing Center staff is thrilled to announce the launch of its new scheduling system, myPASS (my Paper Appointment Scheduling System). Based on the valuable input received from Walden students and faculty about the old paper review system, the Writing Center launched myPASS to provide a more streamlined experience for scheduling a paper review. We are confident that both students and Writing Center staff will enjoy the new features that myPASS has to offer.
The new system includes several benefits that include the ability to
- search for open paper review appointments through a more organized, user-friendly interface;
- join a waiting list for open appointments;
- access the schedule via most mobile devices;
- attach your paper and provide review preferences within a single system;
- access past reviews;
- include or attach assignment instructions;
- articulate your place in the writing process and your goals for the review; and
- view bios of each writing instructor to gauge their specialties and interests.
While this new tool has so much more to offer, it does require that students learn to navigate a different system. Change can be tough, so we have created some fantastic resources to guide you. First, check out the Paper Reviews page on our website to read about how to make appointments, attach a paper, sign up for the waiting list, and so on. Next, check out the video tutorials we created. You can put up your feet and watch all of the video snippets at once, or you can click through the playlist to find specific videos. Finally, register in myPASS and try it out for yourself! The link to the myPASS schedule is conveniently located in your myWalden portal (Click on the Academics tab, look under Research & Resources, click on the Schedule an Appointment link, and under Writing Center, click the myPASS link). Be sure to visit the WritingCenter Policies page as well. Because we have a new schedule with new features, we have had to adjust some of our policies. One of our favorite policy changes is that myPASS